- Career Development
- FPA Advocacy
The Deena Jo Heide-Diesslin Foundation and the Center for Financial Planning are pleased to announce The Deena Jo Heide-Diesslin Scholarship for those seeking the CFP®certification, who can demonstrate financial need, or are individuals who represent underrepresented populations within the financial services profession (race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation).
The Deena Jo Heide-Diesslin Foundation was established by David H. Diesslin, CFP® in memory of his wife, Deena, who passed away after a long, valiant battle with cancer. Deena was a courageous fighter, teaching and giving until the end. The goal of Deena Jo’s foundation is to promote, encourage, and foster nonprofits, with a particular emphasis on empowering women and other underrepresented populations through education.
The scholarship is a $5,000 award for those pursuing a Certificate Program at a CFP Board-Registered Program, and a $10,000 award for those pursuing an undergraduate degree at a CFP Board-Registered Program. Eligibility is limited to students enrolled in or planning to enroll in a CFP Board-Registered certificate or degree program. The scholarships will be awarded over two years. Scholarship recipients will be required to pass a background check prior to receiving their award.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must submit the following:
To apply, please visit: http://
The deadline to apply for next years scholarship will be announced later.
FPA Bay Area Scholarship
The scholarships are made available by the generous support of the FPA of San Francisco, FPA of the East Bay, and the Bay Area Financial Education Foundation. Please visit their websites to learn more: fpasf.org and www.bafef.org.
Download the Scholarship HERE
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
• You must have the intention to take all required courses for the CFP®exam and become a CFP®certificant
• If your employer reimburses 50% or more of the associated costs of your CFP®education or FPA Residency Program, you are not eligible for this scholarship
• You must be a current and continuing Member of FPA and affiliated with either the San Francisco, or East Bay chapter, with a commitment to regularly attend meetings and becoming involved in the chapter.
• You must not have won another FPA or CFP®-related scholarship within the past 24 months
Please include the following with your application:
1. Professional resume listing all current and previous employment.
2. List any additional professional affiliations, extracurricular activities, achievements and any FPA-related awards and grants received to date
3. Write a letter or essay addressing the following topics: a. Why have you chosen the financial planning profession? b. What do you feel are the benefits of obtaining the CFP® designation? c. For what purpose will you use these scholarship funds? (CFP coursework, CFP® exam review course, CFP® exam fee, tuition for FPA Residency Program, other) d. What are your career goals over the next five years? e. List any additional comments that you wish to be considered in your application
4. Two letters of recommendation from qualified persons (e.g., instructors, CFP® practitioners, professional colleagues, etc.)
FPA National Offers a Diversity Scholarship aimed at reaching underserved populations. For more information please visit the link below to learn more about the Diversity Scholarship.
FPA National offers a scholarship funded by a grant from the Foundation for Financial Planning.
To learn more about the Residency program, please click here
FPA NexGen Gathering Scholarship:
FPA NexGen encourages you to submit an application to cover expenses for attending this event. The conference scholarship will cover registration fee, onsite lodging, conference meals starting from dinner Friday night to breakfast Saturday morning (after hour drinks and/or food are not included), and reasonable travel expenses to and from the conference site.
Scholarships and Education Discounts
The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) has partnered with a number of leading education providers in the financial services space to ensure FPA members like you have access to the best resources at the best possible rates. Explore the offers listed below, available exclusively to FPA members, to find the best fit for your educational needs.
Disclaimer: You are about to be taken to the FPA National website. Clicking on the above links will open either a new browser tab or new browser window depending on your preferences while still staying on the FPA of the East Bays’s Website.