FPA Bay Area CFP® Scholarship Program
FPA San Francisco and FPA East Bay are pleased to announce the intention of each chapter to award financial assistance in the form of $2,000 scholarships to pay for expenses related to attaining the CFP® credential or attending an FPA Residency Program.
Who is eligible?
- FPA SF or FPA East Bay current or prospective members who satisfy the following:
– You must have the intention to take all required courses for the CFP® exam and become a CFP® certificant; or
– You must be a CFP® certificant who is eligible to attend an FPA Residency Program (please visit http://www.onefpa.org/professional-education/residency/Pages/default.aspx)
– You must have a commitment to regularly attend FPA chapter meetings and to become involved in the chapter
– You must not have won another FPA or CFP®-related scholarship within the past 24 months
– Your current employer does not reimburse more than 50% of CFP®-related expenses or FPA Residency expenses
What expenses are covered?
- Non-employer reimbursed expenses as follows:
– Tuition, books, supplies and fees to attend a local CFP® Board Registered program*
– CFP® exam review course fees and CFP® exam fees
– Registration fee for FPA Residency Program and related travel costs
What is the process?
- -Application – all applicants must complete a written application
- -Applicants planning to use the scholarship to attend FPA Residency are also asked to submit a recent financial plan prepared by the applicant
- -Interview – all finalists will be interviewed by the selection committee
What are the selection criteria?
- -Demonstrated commitment to financial planning profession & CFP® credential
- -Academic / professional accomplishments
- -Leadership potential
- -Community service / pro bono work
Where can I find the application or get more information?
The scholarships are made available by the generous support of the FPA of San Francisco, FPA of the East Bay, and the Bay Area Financial Education Foundation.
Please visit their websites to learn more: fpasf.org and www.bafef.org.
FPA National Offers a Diversity Scholarship aimed at reaching underserved populations. For more information please visit the link below to learn more about the Diversity Scholarship.
FPA National offers a scholarship funded by a grant from the Foundation for Financial Planning.
To learn more about the Residency program, please click here
FPA NexGen Gathering Scholarship:
FPA NexGen encourages you to submit an application to cover expenses for attending this event. The conference scholarship will cover registration fee, onsite lodging, conference meals starting from dinner Friday night to breakfast Saturday morning (after hour drinks and/or food are not included), and reasonable travel expenses to and from the conference site.
Scholarships and Education Discounts
The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) has partnered with a number of leading education providers in the financial services space to ensure FPA members like you have access to the best resources at the best possible rates. Explore the offers listed below, available exclusively to FPA members, to find the best fit for your educational needs.
College for Financial Planning
- 15% off professional education programs and courses
- 36 scholarships available per year for the following courses or programs:
- Registered Paraplanner Designation
- Master of Science
- Rolling scholarship deadlines / apply anytime
- $100 off any review program
- $200 off any Guaranteed Pass program
- 10% off AIF® training programs
Kaplan Financial Education
- 15% off Kaplan Study Solutions
- 100+ scholarships available per year including:
- 2 scholarships per year from FPA NexGen for:
- Insurance or Securities (Retail $500)
- CFP®Online Certification Course (Retail $5,243)
- Scholarship deadline: 12/31/16
- 1 live or online CFP Exam Prep scholarship from your local FPA chapter (Retail $1,348)
- Scholarship deadline: 12/31/16
Keir Educational Resources
- 20% off CFP® education and exam review courses
- Over 90+ scholarships available per year including:
- 1 CFP® Exam Prep scholarship per year from your local chapter (Retail $1,050)
- Scholarship deadlines vary, contact MCaudill@KeirSuccess.com
The American College
- 1 RICP®scholarship available per year (Retail $2,450)
Disclaimer: You are about to be taken to the FPA National website. Clicking on the above links will open either a new browser tab or new browser window depending on your preferences while still staying on the FPA of the East Bays’s Website.